Physiotherapy is a health profession concerned with the assessment, maintenance, and restoration of the physical function and performance of the body. Physiotherapists are not only interested in distinct problems related to performance of the body, but also in factors which contribute to the problem (ie. poor posture, improper techniques, muscle imbalances, poor work practices, etc.) and interventions which can correct these problems.
Physiotherapy services include:
- Physiotherapy Assessment
- Full Service Physiotherapy Clinic
- Home Care (Physiotherapy services in home for clients who cannot access the community)
- Gait Assessment and Training
- Personalized treatment depending on needs/goals
- Work hardening programs
- Return to activities of normal living programs
- Qualified Physiotherapy Assistants
Our outpatient orthopedic physiotherapist, Bill Orr is new to Thunder Bay and has extensive experience in advanced orthopedic physiotherapy assessment and intervention.